Go to: Just Bean Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
1 large onion -- chopped
1/2 teaspoons. Turmeric
1/4 teaspoons. Cayenne
1/2 c. vegetable stock
1 1/2 teaspoons. Black pepper
1/2 teaspoons. Salt
1 small can tomato paste
3 whole cloves -- (3 to 4)
3 medium zucchini
4 small yellow squash or yellow zucchini
3/4 large carrots
4 medium yellow or red potatoes -- skins on
1 red or green bell pepper
1 can garbanzo beans -- (15 oz.)
1. Saute onion in vegetable stock over med. low heat until translucent.
2. Add all spices and cook for a few more minutes, stirring as needed.
3. Add tomato paste, stir and simmer 2 minutes.
4. Cut the vegetables in large chunks and add all (not the beans) and a dash of cinnamon; add water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for an hour or so. (This can cook slowly for 2-3 hours, if desired.)
5. Add the drained garbanzos about 5 minutes before you take the veggies off the heat.
6. Put couscous in a bowl. Pour boiling water over couscous and wait about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. (Ratio of about 1 1/2:1 of water to couscous.) For added flavor, add some of the liquid from the veggie stew to the couscous in place of some of the water.
7. Serve the stew over the couscous.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.