Go to: Just Bean Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
Chickpea and Mushroom Bake
112 1/2 grams chick peas -- (dried) or
300 gram chick peas -- (canned)
7 1/2 milliliters lemon juice
ground black pepper
2 1/2 milliliters sunflower oil
125 gram mushrooms
12 1/2 grams sunflower margerine
12 1/2 grams wholemeal flour
150 milliliter water
12 1/2 grams soy cheese
12 1/2 grams breadcrumbs
Slice the mushrooms and grate the cheese. Soak the dried chickp peas/butter beans as instructed on the packet. Drain, and cook in a pan of unsalted boiling water fgor 40-50 minutes or until tender. If using canned beans, just drain.
1. Put the beans in a large greased ovenproof dish.
2. Add the lemon juice and black pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms, then add to the dish.
4. Heat the margarine in a non-stick saucepan and add the flour.
5. Cook for 2 minutes over a low heat, stirring, then slowly add the water to make a puring sauce.
6. Pour over the chick peas/butter beans and mushrooms.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
8. Cook in the oven at 180C/350F/GM4 for 25 minutes.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.